Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Girl makes.. DIY Embellished Collar Necklace

Alas, I spend far too much money on cakes, crepes, and sprinkles to have many pesos. Therefore when I saw a pretty embellished peter pan collar necklace in a magazine I resolved to make my own. This is my version: 


Sparkly huh? It was very simple to make, and due to my craft hoarder habit, completely free!

If you want to make one too, you shall need:
  • Felt 
  • Ribbon
  • Paper
  • Pins
  • Craft glue (that can be used on felt, plastics, etc.)
  • Needle and thread
  • Pearls, gems, or anything that you would think look pretty on your collar. 

I first drew a collar shape onto a piece of paper. I measured my neck and then used a plate little bigger as the inside of the collar shape, and drew the peter pan shape around it. I cut the shape out and pinned it to the felt. I folded my felt and pattern in half, and pinned it so it would be identical on each side in one piece like so:

Cut cut cut cut....

Ta da!


I then arranged my gems and pearls to get an idea of how I would like them to look when it is finished.



I started gluing the beads and sewing the pearls on. On both the pointy tips of the collar I sewed a little piece of ribbon. 


And that is it! You have a lovely sparkly embellished collar necklace.


And can make pose-y camera shots with it on like this :P (Sorry no one was in the house to take a shot of the collar on with a tee!)


ANYWAY. Hope you enjoyed my crafty post, I would love to know what you think - if there is anything you would do differently or if you are going to have a go etc. :)

Eat cake and prosper

Erin Lian

<3

2 comments:

  1. Yay to hoarding crafty things! I don't feel so alone lol This is such a fun diy. If only I can pull off the peter pan collar look. I love it but it looks so weird on me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back at blogging! This is such a cute DIY - I've been loving the embellished collar trend!

    ReplyDelete