Friday, 14 October 2011

A visit to Patisserie Madeliene

Well hello lovely lovely blog people :) I hope you are all excited for the weekend and have cake plans. Today's post is a boast review of a WONDERFUL cafe bf took me to last Sunday. Patisserie Madeleine is a tiny cafe in Stockbridge, Edinburgh, serving cakes, tarts and macarons and you can believe me when I say its claim of being 'a small piece of Paris' is truly justified. Just look at these noms!


I chose macarons (obviously) and my goodness I didn't regret it, even though the choice is too magnificent.

One day I shall sit in the cafe all day and try one of each. One day...

I also had a mocha and it was divine. Patisserie Madeliene use Belgium chocolate to make their hot chocolate/mochas and you can tell in how velvety the texture was, and that when you were nearing the end of the drink there was not powdery sludge but just more chocolate :) If I could I would live off them in replace of meals :P ANYWAY I tried three different flavours of macaron: praline, coconut chocolate and salted caramel.


The salted caramel was my favourite. I have never tried that flavour combination before and I can only say that the crispy chewy texture of a macaron complimented it perfectly. The other two were delicious, but I could write a poem about the salted caramel one! 


I shall finish my ode to Patisserie Madeleine by saying that if you are ever within a 60 mile radius of this lovely cafe, I recommend a visit!

I would love to know if you would have gone for anything different, bf (whose elbebone you can just see peeping in the photo a few above!) had a Black Gold, which is dark chocolate in many different textures and forms and is basically a work of art. Or even if you do not like patisseries at all? Quelle horreur! :P

<3

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything looks so good! I would've definitely gone for the macarons too (not a surprise right? hehe)and probably buy something for later ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salted caramel macaroon sounds delicious! I've been considering a trip to london just to go to Laduree macaroon shop, I just need to pursuade someone to go with me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shop! I bet the salted caramel macaron was as tasty as it looks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chocolate milk looks sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those macarons look truly divine! Do you believe that I've never had one? Ah! I know, right? I wish I could have been here for this lovely adventure of yours! I have such a weakness for sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, words cannot express my jealousy. :) Look scrumptious! Hope you had fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me= jealous! Wishing I were in that 60 mile radius. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome! I would have tried those same three flavors, anything coconut, praline and salted caramel are good in my book. That mocha looks perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the macarons look delicious! i'm sure they tasted as good as they look in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh delicious. Another thing to do when I make it to Edinburgh one day.

    ReplyDelete